looking for something?

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crawfish Boulettes

Because I've adopted my sister-n-laws heritage as my own, I have added cajun cooking to my repitiore!

1 package of Boudreaux's crawfish tails (cleaned and deveined) rinsed well
1 egg
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 bell pepper diced (optional... i don't care for the indigestion related to bell pepper!!)
2 tsp Louisiana Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp parsley
5 pieces of stale bread shredded

1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 tsp Louisiana Cajun seasoning

Combine all ingredients in first set in food processer and mix thoroughly.  Form into 1-1 1/2 inch balls (boulettes).
In shallow bowl combine crumbs and remaining seasoning.  Stir so that seasoning is evenly distributed.
Rolls boulettes in bread crumb mixture and fry until browned.


My doctor is always on my case about cholesterol so I fry mine in safflower oil (expensive but there is no "fried" taste) or peanut oil could be used, as it is cholesterol free.
And if you don't care, use veggie oil!

I was born to cook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment